Monday, October 6, 2008

Scratchings of an Exhuasted Mind's Thoughts

Day turns in upon day,
Moment upon moment.
The steady, cyclical flow
Of time continues onward.
The future becomes the past
and the long-forgotten past
returns once more.

Pathos.


God never ceases to surprise me. I look back at my life, and I see unbelievable coincidence following unbelievable coincidence, and I can't help but realize how inexplicably blessed I am, how overwhelmingly attentive God is to my life and to my needs.

I finally realized, truly understand, why the Bible seems to be so distant and inapplicable sometimes. It isn't because it is that way. In fact, it is the most practical and informative piece I have ever read. The parts of life that have no precise advice in the Word are the parts when our actions define us, create us, mold us.

God is not insufficient in anything he does; on the contrary, he gives just enough me information and provides me with what I need when I need it. Lovingly, he has never allowed me escape from the consequences of my actions, shaping me and molding me, this oh-so-imperfect lump of clay, more into the figure and form he wants me to take.

God. Mold on.

No comments:

Asking for time to decipher the signs...

What is there to know? I'm just another guy trying to figure out what it means to truly love, to truly live, to embrace life to the fullest. If I ever get some answers, I'll let you know. "So live on, / Breathing in every sigh / Hurt and joy / Truly living life to its fullness / Leaving no dream unturned / Or unfulfilled / Live on / Life awaits" -excerpt from "Nostalgia" by me.