Thursday, September 4, 2008

Living... :)

What does it mean to live life to the fullest extent? To breathe in the moment and throw yourself completely into where you are and what you are doing? I get more of an answer each day, from everything I do, everywhere I go.

So, I just had one of the times of my life, and it happened here in jolly England. I danced, and danced, and danced, and even now I can still hear the faint rhythm of the Irish and Scottish country songs and the beat of feet trying to move in unison... (which is saying something because I'm listening to Jon Foreman's Fall EP as I type). There is nothing like the chance to throw yourself into a mess of people all trying to figure out what they're doing. It was phenomenal--despite the gradual yet noticeable decline of people, especially with every break. But I danced until the end. Oh, and have I mentioned that it was held in the Great Hall? Which is a gorgeous, almost three story room. The walls have a fairly intricate wood design and the huuuuge chandelier is amazing and the ceiling has a beautiful plaster design. And.... it's just amazing.

Now I gotta go pack, but I'll make it brief. Moral of the evening: never let anything keep you from experiencing the moment, drinking in every opportunity that reaches you. Find G-d in the moment. He's there waiting. L'chaim.

Cheerio. :)

No comments:

Asking for time to decipher the signs...

What is there to know? I'm just another guy trying to figure out what it means to truly love, to truly live, to embrace life to the fullest. If I ever get some answers, I'll let you know. "So live on, / Breathing in every sigh / Hurt and joy / Truly living life to its fullness / Leaving no dream unturned / Or unfulfilled / Live on / Life awaits" -excerpt from "Nostalgia" by me.